It’s easy to move more throughout the day when you know how to spot the opportunities. Every little bit adds up!
Here are some of the simplest ways to do it.
1. Start the day with a few light stretches.
2. Always park at the far end of lots so you’ll walk extra steps to your destination. (Skip the drive-thrus.)
3. Use stairs instead of elevators when possible. (And forget about moving walkways at the airport!)
4. Invite coworkers on walking meetings.
5. Use a standing desk and make calls when standing or walking.
6. Set a timer to remind you to get up and walk every 30 minutes, at work or at home.
7. Ask friends or dates to do something active together instead of sitting for a meal.
8. Dance around when cooking or cleaning the house.
9. Never stay seated for a commercial break. Get up and move!
10. Go check the mail every day.
11. Wear a fitness tracker. It will keep movement top of mind.
Steps like these are easy to see when we think a bit creatively. Have fun. And move, move, move – it feels so good.